Rules for RC are governed by the national body, RCRA. We follow the RCRA Offroad Rules for all Sanctioned Events, as well as referencing them for our Club Championship.
You can find more information on the RCRA rules at the below links.
Please that due to the close proximity to houses, we are unable to permit the use of nitro cars.
As a general guide, the Club Championship follows these rules:
- Junior Touring Car – Hobbywing Xerun Justock G2 21.5t motor & Hobbywing Xerun XR10 Justock
- Sportsman Touring Car – R1 21.5t brushless Control Motor with approved non-timing (blinky) ESC
- Stock Touring Car – approved 13.5t brushless motor with approved non-timing (blinky) ESC
- Modified Touring Car – open motor and ESC
- Formula 1 – approved 21.5t brushless motor with approved non-timing (blinky) ESC
- 1/12th Stock – approved 13.5t brushless motor with approved non-timing (blinky) ESC & 1S LiPo
- 1/12th Modified – Open motor and ESC
- 1/8th GTE – 4S & 2600 Kv, or 6S and 2000kv (6s esc must be set in Blinky mode)
- 1/8th E Pan Car – Up to 6S
We follow the RCRA, BRCA and ROAR approval lists for electronics.
Approved batteries are required for sanctioned events such as State/National Championships.
Please visit the site to ensure the list is the most up to date.
Motor Approval Lists
- ROAR: http://www.roarracing.com/approved_brushless_motors.php
- BRCA 10.5t: https://www.brca.org/rules-documents/1469-eb-brushless-10-5t-spec-2020-v4/download
- BRCA 13.5t: https://www.brca.org/rules-documents/1470-eb-brushless-13-5t-spec-2020-v6/download
- BRCA 17.5t: https://www.brca.org/rules-documents/1471-eb-brushless-17-5t-spec-2020-v7/download
- 21.5t: R1 21.5t Control Motor – Part Number R1-215-125-V16-AU (This is the only motor allowable for 21.5t Sportsman)